Thursday, May 24, 2007

The Hot Topic

Immigration is the hot topic. Ok, it's not just hot, it's boiling over! I've listened to both sides of the debate from all angles. Great points are made by both the for and against. This is not your typical Republican vs Democrat fight. Members in Congress, the Senate and the general population are split on this issue, which makes this debate extremely enjoyable to watch.

As for me, I have yet to pic a side. I'm sure you've heard the saying, "If both sides are unhappy about a bill, it's probably a fair compromise". I agree with that saying more times than not, but the problem with it is that it doesn't account for a bill just being simply bad.

I guess one of the biggest issues I have is that I don't trust that any of it will be enforced. To me, it just seem that politicians pass new legislation to fix a problem, when most of the time the problem arose because the previous laws weren't enforced. Why will this one be any different?

No comments: